: LKR 1,500,000
: LKR 37,527
|Ad Reference :||A9714061006938201901|
|Field :||Art & Design|
|Provider :||NSBM Green University|
|Granting Institute :||NSBM|
|Mode of Study:||Full time in Sri Lanka|
|Duration :||4 Years|
Please contact the institute for intake information
Bachelor of Interior Design is a professional degree program that provides creative and technical solutions, comprehensive with space, form, function, and material. This program is mainly focused on aspects such as spacious layouts, lighting, building services, and regulations, etc. giving the student a vast understanding through academic and industrial training to obtain the required knowledge in facing the design industry. This program allows the student to work through various projects within the context of Retail, branding /commercial, hospitality, the exhibition as well as furniture designing. The degree helps and encourages students to be creative and innovative by providing them with a combination of workshops, seminars and other activities to develop their design and skills to become professionals.
The learning outcomes of the Bachelor of Interior Design degree program will adhere to the above aspects and therefore the learning outcomes are given below categorized under Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes.
Knowledge: the ability to understand and interpret
• Fundamental knowledge relating to aesthetics, the composition of spaces
• Scientific knowledge in relation to building interiors such as building science, material science, etc.
• Technical knowledge in relation to construction technology, drafting technology, etc.
• Contemporary trends and issues both in a local and global context with an up to date knowledge in developments of the interior design discipline
• Professional knowledge of profession, practice, legal aspects, etc.
• Design skills integrating scientific and technological principles to provide solutions to diverse situations
• Creative thinking skills to interpret situations into design ideas
• Analytical and synthesis thinking skills
• Problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Composition skills in form and space understanding the aesthetic principles pertaining to interior design
• Management skills to natural leadership qualities to lead the design team
• Professional communication skills to effectively communicate in both graphical and verbal form
• Research skills to inquire, gather, analyze and interact both qualitative and qualitative information
• English language skills
• Information technology skills
• Professional value system to work within the construction industry
• Senility to environment factors
• Ability understand in depth value systems of socio-economic forces to interpret them into design ideas
• High level of self-motivation to become creative professionals
• Ability to interpret realistic socio-cultural and economic background of a project within the current context.
• To assess own capabilities and acquire any new knowledge whenever necessary.
Students will develop skills, knowledge and attitude and the necessary life skills which would permit them to perform competently; build a passion towards continuous learning and self-development to cater to diverse needs in their careers.
Introduction to Interior Design I
Historical and Cultural Influence on Interior Design I
Design Communication I
Theory and Practice of Interior Design
Materials – structural- Building construction I
Interior Design II
Historical and Cultural Influence on Interior Design II
Design Communication II
Basics of Building Construction
Materials –interior - interior construction & design II
Digital Communication I
Interior Design IV
Environmental Studies and Services
Digital communication III
Building Technology II
Research Methodology & Essay
Introduction to Interior Design V
Interior Design V
Advanced Interior Design Practice VI
Design Management and by Law
Entry Requirement for Bachelor of Interior Design degree
G.C.E. Advanced Level - Passes for 3 subjects in one attempt
For Local Students:
Visit us to NSBM